Welcome

Welcome to the (un)official site for science-fiction and fantasy writer Bryan R. Durkin!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Once More Into the Breach!

Well, I've gone and done it again. That's right, I sent another query letter for Kricket's Song. Either I'm brave, a sucker for punishment, or downright insane.

Sometimes that's how I feel, anyway. This is my fifth in the latest round of query letters. Three have met with form rejections so far. I feel really good about this one (I've felt good about most of the previous ones, too, or I wouldn't have sent them). Instead of agonizing over whether the query letter was good or not, I was able to hammer it out in 18 minutes, with another 20 or so spent on proof reading and revising. I think my latest round of research on query letters and my most recent attempts at writing new ones are finally paying off. It's still a nerve-wracking experience, but at least it's not as time-consuming as it used to be.

In other writing news, I've completed character bios and a basic plot outline for my new military sci-fi thriller Darkness. That title may end up getting changed. I hope to start writing the rough draft today after looking over the plot outline again and possibly making a few tweaks. You can keep track of the progress in the "Active Projects" box on the right side of this blog.

Thanks everyone for reading, and don't forget to check out @BryanRDurkin on Twitter. I'll follow you if you follow me! I'm positive I'm chock full of all kinds of insight at 140 characters or less...

No comments:

Post a Comment