Welcome

Welcome to the (un)official site for science-fiction and fantasy writer Bryan R. Durkin!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Finally!

I was pretty sure this day would eventually come, but I had no idea when. And I guess I didn't really expect it to be today, but that's how life works.

I'm pleased to say I finally had an agent request to see the first part of the manuscript for Kricket's Song. It's by no means a guarantee of representation, but at least I seem to have a query letter that works in getting an agent to look at my book. The agent is one who I regard to be one of the best in the business, so it's quite a victory in my opinion. Hopefully, even if he turns down the book, he'll at least give me some ideas on why, and that advice will be worth its weight in gold.

In the meantime, I'm progressing with the military sci-fi thriller project. I had named it Darkness, but after some consideration, I've renamed it Into the Shade. I've written the first two chapters, and hope to outline and write chapters three and four shortly.

That's it for today. I've got about a million other things to attend to. When it rains, it pours. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment