Welcome

Welcome to the (un)official site for science-fiction and fantasy writer Bryan R. Durkin!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Transition Time

Hard as it is to believe, my summer is almost over. Honestly, it feels like I've done a whole lot of nothing. True, I've had a fairly decently paying job. But as far as writing goes, I think I've completed maybe three chapters on Kricket's Song and done a bit of brainstorming for the new rewrite of The Serenity Solution. And that's about it.

I could make excuses. I could lament the lack of progress. But I've learned that's just a waste of my time. I've got about a week and a half left in my current job, and then I'm making a mad rush to get packed, and get myself to Southern Nevada, where I start my new job - and that transition time will take about four days. It's going to be nuts.

I'm going to try to work more on Kricket this week in the evenings after work. We'll see what kind of progress I make. After that, I probably won't get any writing done until after I'm settled in at the new job. The good thing about the new job is, it looks like I'll be having three days off per week instead of only two, and I will be able to come home every evening after work. Oh, I'm sure I'll find excuses as to why I can't write then, as well. But at least fewer of those excuses will be valid.

Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment