Welcome

Welcome to the (un)official site for science-fiction and fantasy writer Bryan R. Durkin!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just My Luck...

First of all, apologies about how long it took to make another post. I didn't get my usual days off, so I ended up working for two weeks straight.

On the submission front, some news to report. My second query letter was met with a polite rejection, so now I'm on to the third and fourth options on my list. Right now I'm getting everything together that the various agents want to see. How in the world I'm supposed to summarize a 179,000 word novel in two pages is still beyond me; it took me an hour and a half just to trim a quarter page off my original summary to make it fit within a 3 page limit for the first agency I submitted it to. Anyway, hopefully, my third submission will be in the mail by tomorrow, and the fourth by next week.

I was trying to work on a sequel to my finished novel, but just my luck, all the ideas I've been able to come up with are for a completely unrelated book. In fact, I'm thinking I might actually try to teach myself screenwriting so I can sell the idea as a movie. But this is all just in the brainstorming phases right now, there's nothing definite set up with that. I think my brain needs a break from the Serenity Solution "universe," because try as I might, I just can't get myself to focus on it. And there's about twenty other projects I'd like to be working on. Yeah, just my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment